Chicken dishes are a favorite in our house, so I like to try new recipes to mix things up as much as possible.
When I received some McCormick Gourmet Thyme recently in my Influenster VoxBox, I wanted to try it out right away. I decided to improvise for dinner using a few chicken recipes I found online for inspiration and then pulling out some ingredients that I had handy in the pantry.
Happily, our chicken was moist and yummy, and we decided this recipe was a keeper. Everyone liked it – even my pickiest eater. He normally doesn’t like “green things” anywhere near his food but he was actually OK with the thyme that was sprinkled on his chicken. I’m always so excited when a dish gets unanimous family approval!
This five-ingredient roast chicken recipe is super easy for weeknight family dinners. I hope you enjoy it!
Lemon thyme roast chicken
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (I use extra-light olive oil for baking)
- lemon juice (from fresh lemons or from a bottle – I used bottled lemon juice because that’s what I had on hand)
- thyme (I used McCormick Gourmet Thyme)
- black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish lightly with the olive oil. (I used a glass dish.)
- If the chicken pieces are thick, cut them to cook more evenly. (I usually just cut them in half lengthwise. You could also butterfly cut the chicken.)
- Place the chicken in the baking dish, spreading the pieces out evenly.
- Drizzle olive oil lightly over each piece of chicken.
- Drizzle lemon juice lightly over each piece of chicken.
- Sprinkle thyme lightly over each piece of chicken.
- Sprinkle black pepper lightly over each piece of chicken.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes. (Cooking time may vary based on size of the pieces and individual ovens. Use a meat thermometer to determine if it’s fully cooked.)
The aromatic thyme smells so good as this dish is roasting in the oven! You can adjust your seasonings to taste.
Chicken recipes don’t get much easier than this one!
I hope you enjoy this lemon thyme roast chicken as much as we do!
This recipe is linked at some of these link parties.